CTET i.e. Central Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by CBSE i.e. Central Board of Secondary Education. This responsibility has been given by Ministry of HRD i.e. Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. This exam is held twice every year usually in the month of February and June. Its qualifying certificate remains valid for a period of seven years.
Teacher Eligibility Test i.e. TET is a basic necessity for a person to carry in order to become a school teacher for classes 1 to 8. This eligibility criteria has been laid in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) which has vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 and 29th July, 2011.
• The candidate must have cleared at least Senior Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks
• Or appearing for final year exam of Diploma in Elementary Education
• Or passed the same with a minimum of 45% marks in accordance with NCTE
• Or Diploma in Education (Special Education)
• Or Graduation passed
• Or appearing in final year exam for getting eligible in paper 1 (for Classes I-V)
• The applicants should be graduation passed with a minimum of 50% marks or appearing along with
Diploma in Elementary Education passed or Bachelor of Education or passed graduation with at least
45% marks and appearing in B.Ed. or B.Ed. (Special Education) for getting eligible in paper 2
(for Classes VI- VIII).
a) First of all the official website of Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. cbse.nic.in has to be
b) Then the instructions have to be read as provided online for online registration of CTET 2015 at
c) Only the Eligible candidates can proceed further to apply online after registering on the website.
d) Then the application forms have to be filled completely before submitting it online to avoid rejection.
e) After that candidate’s recent passport size photographs of the size as mentioned for this purpose has
to be uploaded.
f) Now the examination fee has to be paid i.e.
• For UR / OBC Candidates: Rs. 600 for Paper I or II and Rs. 1000 for both Paper I & II, payable through
Computer Generated Challan drawn in favor of “Secretary, CBSE, Delhi” /Debit/ Credit Card.
• For Reserved Candidates (i.e. SC/ST/Differently Abled): Rs. 300 (for Paper I or II) and Rs. 500
(for both Paper I & II) payable through Computer Generated Challan drawn in favor of “Secretary,
CBSE, Delhi” /Debit/ Credit Card.
g) Lastly, the confirmation page has to be printed for your record and future references, if any.