If we see worldwide German is the 3rd most popular foreign language taught worldwide & 2nd most influential in Europe & Japan after English. Here under are a few reasons why one should learn & absorb German language.
• German is an official language of countries like Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg & Liechtenstein.
• German is also the native language of the countries like Northern Italy, Eastern Belgium, the
Netherlands, Denmark, Eastern France, parts of Poland,the Czech Republic, Romania & Russia.
• It is a language spoken or understood by more than 120 million people worldwide.
• From cars to machinery and industrial equipment; from pharmaceuticals to household goods Germany
is the world champion in exports.
• Switzerland having the highest standards of living in the world, is another German speaking country.
• If anyone is looking up for a job opportunity in US, knowing German can be of great advantage.
• Germany is one of the countries where great innovations have taken place. 40% of the world’s most
innovative companies are located in Germany. German’s are always ahead in creating new
• Being the creator of maximum high tech products 2/3rd of the world’s international trade fairs are held
in Germany. Thus giving high number of job
opportunities & business arena.
• Germans are not only hard workers but are also great fun lovers. They love travelling & spending
vacations in foreign countries. Thus a large amount
of business opportunities come across in the field of travel, tourism, hotels, airlines, guides, car a
• 80,000 new book titles are produced every year in German language, i.e. 10% of the world’s publishing
done every year is in German.
• Germany is a place which is referred to as the land of “Poets &Thinkers”. Its cultural heritage is very
• The world of classical music is inseparable from the big names like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Strauss,
Wagner etc. Vienna is the biggest international center for music today.
• Philosophy as well as science remains unthinkable without the contribution of great German speakers
like Kant, Hegal, Marx, Nietzche etc. Also the great psychologists like Freud & Jung who changed
the thinking of human behavior forever.
• In physics, chemistry & medicine dozens of scientists & experts have won Nobel Prizes. Thus
knowing the German language gives you an opportunity to work with such people in the part of the
world where they reside.
• International business
• If you are an English language speaker i.e. you have knowledge of English language then it becomes
easier for you to learn German as both are originated form Germanic i.e. both the languages have a
few similarities if we talk about the grammar & vocabulary.
• Learning German gives an extra edge if you already know English as German is spelled phonetically
same. Also learning German would improve your English on the contrary.
• Considering in mind the importance of German language in the field of Publishing & Research many
Business schools, Graduate schools, universities, colleges, post graduate schools & universities
prefer their students to have the knowledge of German language. If not more, then at least
a reading knowledge, so that they can have an access to important Researches & news published in
German books & professional journals.
• Every year a large number of scholars, scientists, educators & students are given in
exchange service support, where a financial assistance is given to the participants.
• Foreign students who directly take enrollment in German universities pay no tuition fees just as
Whatever future plans you have or even if you don’t have any plans, knowing German will increase your options.
• If you know German language & your business is with Germany, your relations with them can
improve. And thus your chances of success increases as your communication will be effective; as we
know Business is all about communication.
• Proficiency in German helps you to function & act productively for an employer with global business
• As Germans love travelling to various countries in all their vacations, thus a German speaking staff
and tour guides can best attract them & give their best services.
• If we talk about Research & Development, Germany is the 3rd largest contributor in it. German is the
2nd most commonly used scientific language and Germany offers research fellowships even to the
scientists from abroad.
• Germany is ranked as number 5 if we talk about annual publications of new titles.
• Developments in communication technology, in media, and in information also require multilingual
communicators. And most of the Indians are multilinguals having knowledge of more than 4 languages.
• If you are a music lover or literature student or philosophy students then knowing German
language can help you understand & improve your skills by comprehending great musicians, writers,
philosophers in their own language. German is the language of Mozart (greatest musician), Goethe,
Kafka, Bach, Beethoven, Marx, Kant etc.
• A large number of scholarships & other support is given by Germany to the students for studying
there. Special visas are offered to professionals & skilled workers and visas for working holidays are
offered to young foreigners for a wide number of countries.
• Germany is the world’s 2nd largest exporter. And its economy ranks 1st in Europe & 4th worldwide.
Thus Germany is home to numerous international corporations.
• Also knowing engineering along with German language can give you an edge as Germans are the
world leaders in engineering.
Elementary use of language
Can understand and use familiar, everyday expressions and very simple sentences, which relate to the satisfying of concrete needs. Can introduce him/herself and others as well as ask others about themselves – e.g. where they live, who they know and what they own – and can respond to questions of this nature . Can communicate in a simple manner if the person they are speaking to speaks slowly and clearly and is willing to help
Can understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings). Can make him/herself understood in simple, routine situations dealing with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics. Can describe his/her background and education , immediate surroundings and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
Independent language use
Can understand the main points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work school, leisure time, etc. Can deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region. Can express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest. Can report on experiences and events, describe dreams, hopes and goals as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
Can understand the main contents of complex texts on concrete and abstract topics; also understands specialized discussions in his/her own primary area of specialization. Can communicate so spontaneously and fluently that a normal conversation with native speakers is easily possible without a great deal of effort on either side. Can express him/herself on a wide range of topics in a clear and detailed manner, explain his/her position on a current issue and indicate the benefits and drawbacks of various options.
Autonomous language ability
Can understand a wide range of challenging, longer texts and also grasp implicit meanings. Can express him/herself spontaneously and fluently without having to search for words frequently and noticeably. Can use the language effectively and flexibly in his/her social and professional life or in training and studies. Can make clear, structured and detailed statements on complex topics and apply various means of text association appropriately in the process.
Can effortlessly understand practically everything which he/she reads or hears. Can summarize information from various written and spoken sources, logically recounting the reasons and explanations. Can express him/herself spontaneously with high fluency and precision and also make finer nuances of meaning clear in more complex.
Teaching Methodology @ Linguisticseed
At Linguistic Seed we try to create an environment where learning & teaching becomes fun. The place of the students is of most importance to us. Our faculties are always ready to help & guide the students in best possible way. Students are not only able to learn, understand, speak, read & write German language but are also able to grasp the language concepts very easily. Our study material & various packages help students in well comprehending the language basics. Our teaching- learning methodology is not only modern but is also effective & efficient. There are various stages which a student goes through during the learning process. First of all he grabs & understands various grammatical concepts, then he analyses them to systematically learn & memorize them & finally practically uses them to enhance various skills like develop reading, writing, listening & speaking skills.