The admissions for NITs, IITs, state govt. funded institutes, technical institutes which are centrally funded and other institutions are based on the marks and performance in the 12th standard (or the equivalent qualifying examination) as well as in JEE (mains) Entrance Examination. The eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced also includes the performance in Paper 1 i.e. B.E or B.Tech of JEE Mains. There are a few states in which JEE Main exam can now be appeared which are Gujrat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha.
There are two types of examination
• Offline exam is Pen and Paper based exam which is for Paper 1 i.e. B.E. & B.Tech and Paper 2 i.e.
B.Arch & B.Planning.
• Online exam is Computer Based exam which is for Paper 1 i.e. B.E & B.Tech.
• Subjects chosen by candidate in Qualifying Examination: the number of subjects that any candidate
must have chosen in class 12 or the equivalent exam at least five subjects to become eligible for writing JEE (Main) exams.
• It has to be noted by the candidate that one who would appear for four subjects will not be allowed for
declaration of results.
• Number of attempts : There are only three attempts that any candidate can avail at JEE (Main).